Alumni Email Accounts... Helpful Hints
Thursday, December 20, 2007
There seems to have been a bit of confusion lately regarding how to sign up for and access alumni email accounts. If you are having trouble using or understanding the alumni email system, then this article is for you.
Signing Up for an Account
IT Services has created an easy online form for alumni to use to sign up for permanent email accounts. If you are a former OC student and you would like to request an alumni email address, you can access the request form one of two ways:
1. On the Eagle Connect site menu (look over on the left hand side of the page) there is a button that says, "Permanent Email." If you move your mouse over that button, two different options slide out. the second of which says, "Request an Account
." Click on that option and you will be taken to the alumni email address sign up page.
2. If for some reason you can't access the Eagle Connect site menu, the direct link to the alumni email address sign up page is www.oc.edu/requestmail
Wallah! That's all it takes and you will be on your way to getting emails at email@example.com.
Checking Your Alumni Email Account
Within 24 hours of requesting your new alumni email account at www.oc.edu/requestmail, your new account will be up, running, and ready to go. However, this can (but doesn't have to) get a bit tricky at this point.
Unfortunately (if you have joined Eagle Connect) you now have to OC username and passwords to remember because the alumni email system and the Eagle Connect online community are two separate systems with two separate logins.
Fortunately, once you understand the previous concept, everything else is cream cheese. Just like signing up for an alumni email account, there are multiple ways to get to the alumni email login page.
1. On the Eagle Connect homepage, there is a button that looks an awful lot like the one below:
If you click that button, you will be taken to the page where you log in to your alumni email account. From there all you have to do is put in the username and password that you requested at www.oc.edu/requestmail
and you'll be logged into the alumni email system.
2. Just like requesting an email account, you can also get to the alumni email system log in page by moving your mouse over the button on the Eagle Connect homepage that says "Permanent Email" and clicking on the button that says "Log in to the Email System
3. If you don't like accessing your alumni email account using either of those two methods, you can always type "www.oc.edu/gradmail
" into your web browser and that will take you to where you need to go.
We hope you have found this short tutorial helpful as you make the transition from your student email account to your new permanent OC alumni email account.
If you still have unanswered questions about the alumni email system, click here. or contact OC's IT Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.